Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Hot Take Tuesday: Josh Allen’s going to get injured, Stefon Diggs vs John Brown

New York Jets v Buffalo Bills Photo by Timothy T Ludwig/Getty Images

Only the freshest of takes will suffice on Tuesdays!

On September 25, 2019, I found myself behind the wheel of a rented 2019 Nissan Altima, headed east on Interstate 90 on my way back to New York City from Buffalo. Accompanying me on this six-and-a-half hour journey, was my older brother Eric, who had decided to join me on my annual trip to Buffalo to watch a Buffalo Bills home game.

Two days prior, the Bills had handed the Cincinnati Bengals their third loss of the season. My poor brother, who’s a New York Giants fan, had to listen to me rant and rave about the game, and prophesy about the Bills for the entire ride back to his house. As we pulled in to his driveway, he said to me “Geez, I wonder if anyone actually agrees with you?”

That question, stuck with me the whole season. I wanted to come up with a way, where Bills fans like myself, could express their over-the-top opinions on games or the team, and see if other Bills fans share the same opinion. Finally, last week, with a cocktail in one hand and a cigar in the other, as I sat outside on my deck, the idea of “Hot Take Tuesday” came to me, the way the idea of gravity came to Issac Newton.

What is Hot Take Tuesday?

Every Tuesday during the 2020 NFL Football season, I’m going to give you, Buffalo Bills fans, the opportunity and forum to express and respond to the hottest Bills takes. I will gather the hottest takes throughout the week, select the top ones, and post them here for you to chime in.

Without further ado, let’s get started on Week 1 takes.


Hot Take #1

@danny1775 (Twitter) says, “Josh Allen will be injured and out for the season by the end of October.”

After 14 carries, designed runs, and some huge hits by the New York Jets’ defenders on Sunday, Josh did appear to be shaken up at one point during the game. In his career thus far, he has missed time due to an elbow injury and a concussion, but managed to bounce back relatively quickly from both. I can definitely understand @danny1775’s concern, because I tend to hold my breath every time he takes off and run.

What do you think? Is Danny onto something?

Hot Take #2

@carlifarley (Twitter) says, “John “Smoke” Brown will have more receptions this season than Stefon Diggs.”

After Week 1, Diggs is currently leading the team’s receivers in receptions with eight. Brown, is close behind with six. If Week 1 is any indication of how the rest of the season will be, teams will definitely have to pick their poison between the two. Out of curiosity, I checked to see who had the most receptions over the last four seasons between Diggs and his running mate in Minnesota, Adam Thielen.

Both he and Thielen split the team lead in receptions each of the past four seasons, so it’s not too far fetched to say Brown can outpace Diggs this season.

What do you think? Do you agree with @carlifarley?


Okay, this concludes Week 1 “Hot Take Tuesday.” Big thanks to @carlifarley and @danny1775 for sending in their takes.

If you want your hot take heard, email me at askdoctork44@gmail.com or direct message me on Twitter @doctork44.



from Buffalo Rumblings - All Posts https://ift.tt/3c0DaCU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox