Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Panthers’ Julius Peppers retires from NFL

Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers announced his retirement from football on Friday morning. The 39-year-old is hanging ’em up after 17 seasons in the league. Peppers leaves the game after a storied career and the fourth-most sacks in NFL history. Many thought Peppers would have continued to play for at least another season to jump to third on the all-time list – his 159.5 sack total is just half a sack behind Kevin Greene. “Anybody who knows me knows I’m not big on words and I don’t like to put myself out there, so I’m just gonna get right to it,” Peppers wrote in a piece for The Players’ Tribune. “Seventeen years is a long time to be playing this game. It’s two careers for a lot of people. I’m thankful that I have been able to play so long and still be healthy. I’m not all banged up and beaten down. I still feel good. But as much as I would love to play forever, I know that I can’t. It’s gotta end at some point. That point is now. Today, I’m retiring.” The UNC product was a star from the get-go as he ta

from Yardbarker: NFL http://bit.ly/2UCCxFY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox