Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Podcast: Building an alternative football league

The Alliance of American Football kicked off over the weekend. The results were a mixed bag. Saturday’s opener produced generally favorable reviews. Sunday was a different story as the biggest development seemed to be the struggles of former Jets second round Draft pick Christian Hackenberg.

Can the AAF survive over the long haul? I think it will be difficult. I think it is good for the sport for another football league to exist. There are parts of the league’s model that I think are promising. Ultimately I think there are other flaws in the league’s model which will make things really tough to sustain.

The AAF got me thinking about how I would build a league to rival the NFL, and that is the topic of today’s podcast. I offer some thoughts about what I would do based on what I’ve learned about sports business and the history of rival leagues.



from Gang Green Nation - All Posts http://bit.ly/2Dsa92h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox