Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Friday, March 8, 2019

Gang Green Nation’s Highlight Reel (February 27th-March 5th)

Our readers’ and writers’ contributions to this site are a major reason why Gang Green Nation is the best Jets blog in the history of Jets blogs. No contribution, big or small, should go unnoticed. That’s why we’ll highlight some of the best comments and FanPosts on a weekly basis.

Without further ado, I bring to you, Gang Green Nation’s Highlight Reel for the past week:

Top Fanposts:

2019 New York Jets Mock Offseason

vin.fodera mocks the Jets free agency and draft.

32 team mock draft, AKA my first round predictions

BlackTaurus mocks the entire first round.

A vote of no confidence in Jet management

sledor doesn’t have much hope in the upcoming season.

Top Comments:

On a strategy of how to improve the WR group:

As far as the wr group

I’m honestly not signing any wr. I’ll bring back burnett, Matthews, and Roberts on cheap deals. I’m focusing on the draft for wr. There are two scenarios for me I would be excited about: stay at 3, take the best edge, and double dip in round 3/4. Come out with butler, Stanley Jr., samuel, or doss. Second scenario is we trade down in round 1, take Harry or Metcalf, and grab another in round 3. Regardless I’m drafting 1 big body wr and one smaller faster guy. Build a group that does multiple things well, and can attack from different levels.

-GenoTime7

On keeping the defense in a base 3-4:

I agree

You don’t create more wholes trying to get other guys to go to a 4-3. You blow it up and if you don’t get your guys you are screwed (more than we are now). Get an edge rusher and CB’s to fill in the gaps you already have. I don’t think we are that far off on Defense actually. We needed a better scheme and to play to our players strengths.Most games last year the D held up for 3 qtrs. just need some complimentary football on both sides of the ball .I hope and think Williams can do that. Concentrate on that O-Line and a WR , Edge Rusher and CB’s

-NFGreenW

On how Jets fans value the Jets players:

I also think people just overhype the guys who play for the Jets. I feel like every year I see a guy who people say is on the cusp of stardom who has been held down by factors outside his control. Last year this was literally the discussion about Enunwa. The Jets put a second round tender on him. People were saying we were going to lose him, and a second would be horrible compensation. What you have in Robby is a useful player but not a player who looks like an irreplaceable piece. He COULD put it together and take his game to the next level, but that certainly doesn’t seem like the most likely scenario to me based on the limitations we’ve seen.

-John B

On why the #3 pick is so good this year:

I love the #3 pick (while I recognize the #1 pick is inherently more valuable) Consensus is Bosa is the #1 pick, though I’m not super high on him. Q may be the best player and safest pick in the draft (not to mention his combine stats have been insane so far), and the more I read on Allen the more I’m impressed – hell Google what other draftees are saying about him. If Bosa goes #1, SF is forced to make the pick I wouldn’t want to have to make. Murray going #1 makes for an interesting draft thereafter – another QB needy-team could feel the pressure and could want to trade up to #3…

-Ace.24

On the athleticism of Montez Sweat:

Man Sweat is such a freak athlete man…

Guys that big just aren’t supposed to be able to move like that. I’m smitten with this guy right now.

-Crackback

On what the Jets should do with Leonard Williams:

Leo

By this point, the Jets should have either extended or traded Leo. I have a hard time believing that Leo could not be extended on a relatively decent deal. People keep pointing to Leo’s #6 draft slot, but so what? Why would Leo think that he should get paid like Aaron Donald if Leo hasn’t performed like that in 4 years? Have other NFL teams not noticed that Leo has underwhelmed? One of my big problems with Macc is that, too often, Macc looks to prevent downside by putting guys on “prove it” deals. But the problem with prove it deals is that, if the guy proves it, you find yourself either paying FA rates to retain a guy, or watching him walk. At a certain point you need to be able to trust your own scouting abilities. If Macc believes that Leo will have a great season under Greg Williams and put up much more impressive numbers…then extend him now before his agent can use those numbers in negotiations. Or, if Macc thinks that Leo has reached his ceiling, the Jets should trade Leo now to a team that still believes in Leo’s upside. The dumbest thing the Jets can do is let Leo “prove it” this season then be put in a position where they have to either give him Wilkerson money or else tag Leo.

-square1

On reports that the chiefs would trade Dee Ford for a 2nd rounder:

I’d give our 2nd Rounder for Dee. Not sure if the Colts would be okay with it though.

-Ponti

On whether or not he’d like the Jets to trade for Antonio Brown:

If we can steal AB for a 3, deal me in

If the Steelers are willing to trade AB for as little as a 3rd RD Pick as some have reported, the Jets have two 3’s and I’ll spend the later one on AB. I know he’s a Diva WR the likes of Terrell Owens back in the day, but like Owens (in his prime) he’s also one of the best #1 WR’s in the game. I think he’ll have a much better working relationship with Sam who treats people with respect than he did with Ben who can be a little surly and a bit of a Diva himself. That said, we need a #1 WR in the worst way and if we can steal one for one of our two 3rd RD Picks, I’d take that gamble for Antonio Brown. I’m not gonna try and turn AB into a saint. Clearly he’s a Diva and a self-centered pain in the ass. Probably a narcissist. IOW’s he’s Terrell Owens 2.0, but my point is, like Owens (in his prime) he’s also the ELITE #1 WR Sam desperately lacks and I believe Sam has the kind of personality that defuses friction rather than enhances it. If you know anything about Ben, he’s probably as big a narcissist as AB, and that is toxic mix. Having said that, I see your POV and I understand why some Jets fans want no part of AB on this team.

-Whiskey Slick

On the Jets’ rumored interest in Bell:

So, according to reports

The Jets are either in hot pursuit of Bell, or almost completely uninterested in him. Good to know!

-Verklemptomaniac

So there you have it, Gang Green Nation’s Highlight Reel. Want to be featured next week? Just keep doing what you do, and more importantly, keep being who you are—after all, YOU’RE what makes Gang Green Nation so great!



from Gang Green Nation - All Posts https://ift.tt/2TBa3zt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox