Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Monday, March 11, 2019

Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media at the 101 Awards press conference

Patrick Mahomes, Clark Hunt, Andrew Wylie, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Aaron Donald and Bobby Bell are all scheduled to speak.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was named the AFC offensive player of the year in the 49th annual NFL 101 Awards. Mahomes also won the team’s Derrick Thomas award as its MVP. Right guard Andrew Wylie is the winner of the Mack Lee Hill award, for the top rookie of the year.

Team awards press conference

101 Awards: Derrick Thomas MVP Patrick Mahomes and Mack Lee Hill Award winner Andrew Wylie take the podium.

Posted by The Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday, March 9, 2019

If you can’t see the player, click here.

Patrick Mahomes on winning the Derrick Thomas award:

“It’s a tremendous honor. It’s a tremendous honor to be here with y’all tonight in the Kansas City area. I said it earlier: the Kansas City community is special. There’s no place I’d rather be than part of this organization. From the Hunt family, to the coaches, to the players, to everyone who’s a part of our team and the Kansas City Chiefs franchise, thank y’all. I want to thank my family. When you win an award like this with a name like Derrick Thomas, and the man that he was on the field and then the man he was off the field with his foundation that still goes to this day, it’s a tremendous honor to be part of this community and this fraternity. When I look at this award, being voted by my teammates, this is an award that goes to all my teammates. They made my life a lot easier. Guys stepped up every single game. (Andrew) Wylie, coming into the season, was not a projected starter and then for him to just jump in and just take over with that mean mentality that they were talking about, that’s what we had all season long. It made my job a lot easier, and I just want to thank them for voting me to win this award.”

Andrew Wylie on winning the Mack Lee Hill award:

“First, I want to thank my teammates and my coaches. It means the world to me that you guys voted on this award for me. I’d also like to thank the Hunt family for the opportunity to play for this great franchise—specifically, coach (Andy) Reid, Mr. (Brett) Veach, coach (Eric) Bieniemy and coach (Andy) Heck for taking the time to see my potential and really develop me as a player. Thank you to the 101 committee and Premier Sports for putting on a first-class awards banquet and for the recognition. I have my girlfriend and my mom and dad in the stands today. Thank you guys so much. You guys are amazing. This means an enormous amount to me—to receive this honor and tribute to the late Mack Lee Hill. I recently learned of his story … He played with tremendous heart, and that’s why his number, 36, is retired here in Kansas City. There’s a big list of big-time names of men who have won this award before me. This includes guys like Derrick Thomas, Will Shields, Justin Houston, Eric Berry, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson and Tyreek Hill, and to even be considered among that list is a big honor for me. We have a lot of talented individuals in our locker room, and for my teammates to nominate me to stand here in front of you all tonight is a privilege. We had a great season and we made strides in the right direction, but we aren’t satisfied with that, and we’re looking forward to 2019. Thank you guys.”


Initial comments

101 Awards Press Conference: Patrick Mahomes, Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Aaron Donald, and Bobby Bell.

Posted by The Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday, March 9, 2019

If you can’t see the player, click here.

Prior to the show, Mahomes, Clark Hunt, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Aaron Donald and Bobby Bell addressed the media, which you may watch above. Here were Mahomes’ comments:

“I’m so happy to be here. I’m glad to be back in Kansas City. I got to bring the warm weather back to y’all at least a little bit. It is a tremendous honor to get this award, a tremendous honor to be a part of this (Kansas City) community, and I think that’s the biggest thing I’ve learned in my short amount of time here so far, is that this community is special, and hopefully, I’ll be a part of it for a long time and hopefully we can have a lot of success on the football field as well. Thank ya’ll.”

The NFL 101 Awards is the nation’s oldest awards event dedicated exclusively to professional football. You may find more information on the 101 Awards here.



from Arrowhead Pride - All Posts https://ift.tt/2tVPoHZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox