Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Friday, May 10, 2019

Eric Ebron is gunning for Rob Gronkowski’s touchdown record

And he wasn’t that far off last season, either.

Even the mighty TB12 would agree that records are made to be broken, and while Gronk rode off into the sunset with 3 rings, a handle of Grey Goose, and 15 NFL records, at least one of those records might be in danger if one member of the “oh son of a...they’re good again?” Colts has his way.

In another situation that Pats Nation is exceedingly familiar with lately - a former Detroit Lion that looked like a straight up bust suddenly ripping it up as soon as they left Michigan - Eric Ebron promptly logged the best season in his career after signing in Indy. How much better? How’s this for “bust”: 2018 was Ebron’s career high in receiving yards (750), receptions (66) and, oh yeah, the big man found the end zone more in 2018 than he had in his previous four seasons combined, scoring 13 times after logging 11 career touchdowns to date. Not bad!

So even though most of us would gladly challenge you at Fight Club for so much as speaking an ill word about Gronk, you gotta respect Ebron stepping up and wanting to take down the best. Here’s what he had to say about Gronk’s milestone and going after it:

(from NFL.com)

“I believe Gronk still holds the record for most touchdowns, which is 17. So, if I want to do anything that is gonna be real spectacular or really good, I gotta go get 17,” Ebron told reporters Tuesday. “And if I go and get 17, I help my team win games. I did that, proved that and I feel like if I’m at my best, then I feel like this team will be at their best.”

This is where I’m going to push my Black Keys glasses up on my nose and “Well ACTUALLY” for a sec - that 17 number is for receiving touchdowns, which was Gronk’s YO SOY FIESTA 2011-2012 season. Howeva....he also had a 2-yard rushing touchdown that year, so if you REALLY want to beat Gronk’s best season of 18 touchdowns, that’s your bogey.

And here’s a bit more from EE on his redemption tour in Indy, which, even though it’s the Colts, you gotta give credit to him for basically reinventing himself as a red zone manimal after leaving Detroit.

“I was in a place where I didn’t even know if I was going to get picked up or anything like that,” Ebron said of his free agency last season. “I thought I had tarnished my interest coming out of college. I thought a lot of things. Now it’s a different story for me, so now I have to continue to elevate that.”

And to give you an idea of just how absurd comparing Gronk’s best season to another Patriots great is....

Ebron could match Gronk’s 18 touchdowns, and STILL be off from Randy Moss’s 2007 regular-season touchdown record by 5.

So, yeah. Good luck with that. You’ll need it.



from Pats Pulpit - All Posts http://bit.ly/2vOYcjH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox