Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Devin White Excited To Return

NFL: Preseason-Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Pittsburgh Steelers Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

The rookie linebacker is ready to get back to the field following an illness and injury

It’s not an ideal way to begin your NFL career, especially when you’re a top five pick. For Devin White, however, it was a reality. Week one you’re suffering from tonsillitis. Week two, you leave the game with a knee injury. Weeks three and four you’re sidelined from practice, the games, everything.

Devin White was able to return to practice Wednesday and could not be happier about it. There’s a lot of pressure that comes with being a top five pick and that pressure only mounts when you aren’t on the field.

White spoke with the media Wednesday following practice where he was a limited participant and he expressed how happy he was to have all those issues behind him;

“It feels great. At first, I felt like the world was against me. I just kept having thing after thing, but I never got down on myself. It was always [thinking of] what I could do to make sure I’m out there with my team. With the tonsillitis, I went through a minor surgery just so I could get back out there and I played in game one. We didn’t have the outcome that I would’ve loved to have, but it showed them I’m willing to give my all for the Bucs. That’s what I signed up to do and to the day that I continue to keep playing here, I’m going to keep giving my all whether it’s whatever – I don’t care what’s wrong – as long as my heart and God say I can go, I’m going to go.”

Hopefully White will continue to progress through the week and make his return this weekend. It would only be fitting that his first game back would be in New Orleans, just 81 miles from Tiger Stadium where White played his college ball.



from Bucs Nation - All Posts https://ift.tt/2nPvRcS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox