Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Golden Nuggets: How superstitious are you?

Arizona Cardinals v San Francisco 49ers Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images

With all the articles/comments seemingly overlooking the Minnesota Vikings, I legitimately fear people are going to jinx the 49ers. With that in mind, I wanted to take a look at the time honored tradition of being a superstitious fan... One of the popular ones on Niners Nation is the dreaded jersey purchase. Never advertise buying one of a player currently on the team, or risk them getting injured or retiring (e.g. Patrick Willis’ retirement less than a year after I got his jersey, sorry folks).

Another one I’ve seen a lot, but don’t do myself is the need to watch a game from the same place every single time. My favorite example of this was this Bud Light commercial from the 2012 season (link here if the video doesn’t work):

Other superstitions may include pre-game rituals, unwashed articles of clothing, or eating the same food every time. Personally, I have to wear my white Steve Young jersey during away games and my aforementioned red Willis jersey for home games, because we need to defend home field advantage and go on the offensive during road games (don’t know if that makes sense). My question for you is: If you have a particular superstition, what is it?

On to those links...


Around the league...

... I have spoken


//
from Niners Nation - All Posts https://ift.tt/2N0CaDA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox