Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Thorsday Open Thread: January 2, 2019

Divisional Round - New Orleans Saints v Minnesota Vikings Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images

It’s thirsty Thorsday!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

You got it, it’s thirsty Thorsday, and you can soon start counting down the hours until Sunday’s kickoff. I’m looking forward to the game. I, unlike what seems to be far too many Vikings fans, think we’re going to win on Sunday. There are several reasons I believe this, and I truly think we will. I also live by the adage that you root for your team to win.......always. I don’t normally have a lot of bad things to say about the Vikings or their players, although I will mention when someone isn’t playing as well as they should or if a coach isn’t doing their job (you’ll remember that I was never a fan of DeFillipo, but I kept mostly silent for quite a while to allow him time to get better, which never happened). I certainly don’t utter a lot of negativity during the playoffs, mainly because my team is in the playoffs, which makes me happy, and I’m busy cheering for them to win. There is plenty of time to gripe about the season once the season is over, in my opinion. So, I’m going to enjoy the playoff run until the run ends, and I can start thinking about the draft and changes that need to be made, or until my team finally brings a championship home, at which time I will commence a several-month-long celebratory period.

Anyway, that’s just my way of saying ‘enjoy the playoffs, cheer for the Vikings, and save the griping for the off-season, there will be plenty of time for it.’ Just my two-cent’s worth, which, when you calculate inflation, taxes, and the cost of minting coins, is worth...........less than zero. Ah, who cares? SKOL!

Around the DN since our last open thread:

Our friends at Draft Kings Nation has a full list of Vikings Super Bowl 54 odds.

The Vikings designated Brett Jones to return from injured reserve, per Chris.

Wludford has an updated NFC playoff predictor.

Chris shared the Vikings’ Wednesday injury report, and Kendricks is still sitting out, unfortunately.

Other Vikings/NFL news, and random oddities and annoyances:

From FoxBusiness, NFL ratings soared upward in 2019.

From ESPN, Jason Garrett will meet with Jerry Jones again today.

We come to today’s media selection:

If you aren’t pumped up for the game yet, you need help. Let’s see if AC/DC can provide that help. Are you ready? CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:

-No discussion of politics or religion
-No feeding of the trolls
-Leave the gender hatred at the door
-Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
-Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
-No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
-While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
-If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away

With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waiter, but try not to tip him over. Most of all, Welcome Aboard!



from Daily Norseman - All Posts https://ift.tt/2F9vjUa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox