Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Monday, February 17, 2020

Canal Street Chronicles Lagniappe: Share your story

2020 Mardi Gras Photo by Erika Goldring/Getty Images

Did everyone have an enjoyable Mardi Gras?!?!

We haven’t done this in a while and have quite a few new members. Most of us oldtimers know each other and our background. Maybe some of you would like to share your own story. Many are native Louisianians who have been transplanted elsewhere. I’m one of those. Some came from other areas of the country and world. Share how you got here and/or became a Saints fan.

I’ll start it off. I was born in New Iberia,LA. Spent 15 years working in various jobs in the oilfield as well as both the Daily Iberian and the Daily Advertiser. As a teenager I even worked as a projectionist at the Essanee theater. My wife was from Arkansas but we meet in Lafayette. While working for the Advertiser I was transferred to Griffin,GA to work for the Griffin Daily news. Yes I drug my wife and kids into enemy territory. Spent 5 years at the newspaper there, then started working for a friend framing houses for rich people. The economy turned bad under the first President Bush and left it up to the wife whether we would move back to Louisiana or to her home in Arkansas. Her Dad wasn’t in great health so we moved to Fort Smith,AR. My wife passed in April of 2017, but I’ve been here since 1991. I love the area, the hunting and fishing is great, (lots of public lands to hunt), the Arkansas River and many great lakes to fish. I also enjoy having 4 seasons. Sometimes in the same day. :) My own parents are still alive as well as a brother and sister, and many cousins and nieces and nephews. I have thought of pulling up roots and coming back home, but I have 2 daughters, 6 grandchildren, 2 great-grandsons, with another due any day now, here and to be totally honest, the thought of the endless summer of Louisiana causes me pause. lol

So tell us about yourself, or not. Talk about almost anything you want, it is a Lagniappe thread after all. Also invite other fans you may know to join our site. We could sure use a few more women around here. Most of our past female members have gone on to other things I guess.

I’ve had my 10th anniversary here at CSC and have been contributing for 8 of those years.



from Canal Street Chronicles - All Posts https://ift.tt/3bOuAGT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox