Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Sammy Watkins likely to take pay cut to stay with Chiefs?

Sammy Watkins has threatened to sit out next season, but one Chiefs reporter believes the wide receiver will end up taking a pay cut with Kansas City. Watkins said in late January that he might sit out the season if the Chiefs ended up winning the Super Bowl, which they did. “Not retiring, but I might just want to rest up and chill. I don’t know. I don’t want to say I’m going to do something, but you never know. I might want to go somewhere else and create another Super Bowl team. So it’s just all about how I’m feeling. I’ve got to sit down with my family, my parents and grandparents and everybody and just see what I want to do,” Watkins said on January 30. The former No. 4 pick is entering the final season of a 3-year, $48 million deal he signed with Kansas City two years ago. He is set to make $14 million in 2020 with a $21 million cap hit. He can be cut this offseason for $7 million in dead cap money. Nate Taylor, who covers the Chiefs for The Athletic, said on Sports Radio 810’s “Almost Entirely Sports”

from Yardbarker: NFL https://ift.tt/3cdXZuk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox