Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Who’s No. 1? Wide receivers Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb vie to be first receiver drafted

NFL: FEB 25 Scouting Combine Photo by Zach Bolinger/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Future draft picks put on the spot Tuesday in Indy

The New York Giants hold the fourth pick in the draft, and whether they hold onto it or trade it, there’s at least a chance they could the pick to take a game-changing wide receiver.

Offensive line and defense are at the top of the priority list for the G-Men. However, that doesn’t mean the likes of Alabama wideout Jerry Jeudy or Oklahoma speedster CeeDee Lamb aren’t being considered.

At the draft combine in Indianapolis Tuesday, both star prospect receivers were asked to reveal their response to those calling them the top receiver in the draft.

“It’s very humbling really, being named one of the top receivers in the class, among all these great receivers. there’s a lot of great receivers in this class,” said Jeudy, who won the Biletnikoff Award in his sophomore season in 2018.

Jeudy was asked what separates him from other receivers in the prospect class.

“I don’t really like to compare myself to other players but I feel I can do it all. I can play inside, I can play outside. I know how to sit in zones and find ways to get open,” he said.

Jeudy caught 77 passes for 1,163 yards and 10 TDs in his junior season in 2019, his career best for receptions in a season. However, he amassed more yards and TDs the year before in 2018 when he racked up 1,315 yards and 14 TDs. But he played two games more that year.

When asked if he wanted to be the first receiver picked, Jeudy was nonchalant.

“I don’t really care where I get chosen,” he said. “I just know where ever I go at, they’re going to get the best out of me. I’m going to come out and compete, work hard each and every day to show them why I’m the best.”

Lamb, meanwhile, played with NFL quarterbacks Baker Mayfield in 2017 and Kyler Murray in 2018. Last year his quarterback was Jalen Hurts, who threw passes to Jeudy in 2017 and 2018 as a member of Alabama.

Reporters put Lamb through a similar routine as Jeudy.

“I said it yesterday with Jerry (Jeudy), there are a lot of great receivers in this class. To say that we’re the headlines of this receiving group, it’s a huge honor,” Lamb said.

The Louisiana native, who spent his high school years in Richmond, Texas, was then asked what separates him from Jeudy and Crimson Tide pass-catcher Henry Ruggs III.

“We all are different receivers. I don’t know how to answer that,” said Lamb. “Those guys are really talented. I feel like I’m talented enough to be in that position and that argument. I’m grateful for this opportunity.”

Lamb, who told reporters that the best part of his game is his yards after catch ability, picked up 1,327 receiving yards and 14 TDs in 2019 with the Sooners.



from Big Blue View - All Posts https://ift.tt/3a16NSk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox