Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Kyler Murray is committing to football — what does it mean for New York Giants?

The Oklahoma quarterback is leaving baseball behin

Kyler Murray will be an NFL quarterback. Last week the wheels were put in motion for Murray’s path to the NFL when it was announced he was invited to and would attend the NFL Combine at the end of February. But with spring training right around the corner, there were still questions surrounding whether Murray would choose football on report to camp with the Oakland A’s.

Well, Murray has finally put those questions aside and declared his full-time commitment to football.

Murray’s statement reads:

“Moving forward, I am firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback. Football has been my love and passion my entire life. I was raised to play QB, and I very much look forward to dedicating 100% of myself to being the best QB possible and winning NFL championships. I have started an extensive training program to further prepare myself for upcoming NFL workouts and interviews. I eagerly await the opportunity to continue to prove to NFL decision makers that I am the franchise QB in this draft.”

When drafted by the A’s, Murray was guaranteed $5 million and per ESPN’s Jeff Passan, he’s already been paid $1.29 million, which he’ll have to pay back as he forfeits the rest. If Murray is a top-five pick in the draft, he’ll be projected to make more than that $5 million in 2019 alone and will easily surpass the number on a full contract if drafted in the first round.

There’s still a lot to be done on Murray’s NFL potential, but right now he looks to be one of the most exciting players in this year’s class.

The New York Giants, of course, have the No. 6 overall pick. Quarterback could be in play there.



from Big Blue View - All Posts http://bit.ly/2Gz1deJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox