Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Murray committing to football helps Jags

There are a lot of questions surrounding the 2019 NFL Draft quarterback class, many of which are about former Oklahoma quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray. Outside of his size, there has been a question of his commitment to football, or if he still has professional baseball aspirations.

On Monday, Murray released a statement hoping to squash some of that belief.

“Moving forward, I am firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback. Football has been my love and passion my entire life. I was raised to play QB, and I very much look forward to dedicating 100% of myself to being the best QB possible and winning NFL championships. I have started an extensive training program to further prepare myself for upcoming NFL workouts and interviews. I eagerly await the opportunity to continue to prove to NFL decision makers that I am the franchise QB in this draft.”

Personally, I do not think Murray is going to be on the Jacksonville Jaguars radar, but his announcement that he is fully committed to football does nothing but help them. I’m a fan of Murray and I think his NFL prospects are good, but with his size more-so than his height I have a hard time seeing Tom Coughlin commit the future to a 5-foot-10, 180-pound quarterback.

Nonetheless, Murray’s statement can go a long way in helping the Jaguars if they are targeting a quarterback in the top of the 2019 NFL Draft. For one, I doubt Murray makes this statement unless he’s heard from some teams that he’s going to be a Top 15 pick. That’s where the money eclipses what he was going to make with his first baseball contract and really the only thing that I would think would force such a strong statement from the Murray camp.

It adds another quarterback into the mix which could help push someone like Dwayne Haskins, who the Jaguars do absolutely like, down the board or make a trade up less costly than it would have been before.

Like I said, I do not think the Jaguars will be in the Murray sweepstakes, but more quarterbacks in the draft can only help the Jaguars.



from Big Cat Country - All Posts http://bit.ly/2N2JA8j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox