Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Golden Nuggets: On To Tampa

NFL: Pro Bowl Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

A collection of San Francisco 49ers related links for Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019

Week 1 of the 2019 NFL season is finally here. The Green Bay Packers head to Chicago to kick things off against the Bears on Thurs. night. Then the game that matters to us takes place on on Sun. afternoon. Dee Ford got the hype started last week when he mentioned how the Cleveland Browns’ DLine had their way with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ OLine. Personally, I am not a fan of giving an opposing team extra motivation like that, but you can’t fault him for being confident.

Jason Verrett snagged ex-49er Adrian Colbert’s jersey number (27) on his return to practice. When he first got signed by the team, he was desperately trying to convince players with jersey numbers in the 20’s to let him have/buy it, but to no avail. Luckily one opened up for him. Nick Bosa was back as well, and seems likely to suit up for the game on Sunday. He sure seems excited to get back and play some football:

“I don’t think I’ve ever been as motivated in my life to get back. I’ve had my sights set on playing my first NFL season and every waking hour was spent getting my ankle right.”

In other not really related news, I just did my fantasy football draft and I need to know: At what point would AJ Green be considered a steal? Because I got him in the 8th round. I know that he’s injured, but come fantasy playoff time, I think it will prove fruitful. I totally think I’m bringing that belt (yes, we have a championship belt) back home this year. What about the rest of you that play fantasy, how confident are you in your fantasy football team?

On to those links...

49ers rookie Bosa (ankle) practices, eyes Week 1 (Nick Wagoner, ESPN)

Nick Mullens wins backup job with 49ers (Charean Williams, Pro Football Talk)

Melvin Gordon follows Raiders, 49ers after being allowed to seek trade (Josh Schrock, NBC Sports)

San Francisco 49ers 2019 season preview: Can Jimmy Garoppolo last a full season? (ESPN)

Peter Schrager: Why San Francisco 49ers DT DeForest Buckner will be Defensive Player of the Year in 2019 (Video)


We simulated the entire 2019 NFL season: Scores and storylines for all 267 games (Seth Walder, ESPN)

Welcome to the Year of the Black Quarterback (Jason Reid, The Undefeated)

NFL Insider Notes: GM-less Texans’ messy moves, Josh Rosen loses again and more trade takeaways (Jason La Canfora, CBS Sports)

Projecting 2019’s NFL win share leaders on offense, defense (Cynthia Frelund, NFL.com)


//
from Niners Nation - All Posts https://ift.tt/2MSndoB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox