Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Saquon Barkley says he isn’t disappointed despite rough year

New York Giants v Detroit Lions Photo by Rey Del Rio/Getty Images

Giants still waiting to see the pre-injury version of Barkley

The New York Giants are a discouraging 2-7. Saquon Barkley missed 31/2 games with a high ankle sprain. Barkley’s production is down, averaging 15 yards less rushing per game and 7 yards less receiving per game than he did when he won Rookie of the Year honors last season.

Barkley, though, refused on Thursday to admit disappointment.

“Disappointment? No. What’s to be disappointed about? Obviously, yes, am I upset that we’re 2-7? I don’t think anyone’s happy that we’re 2-7. Am I happy that I hurt my ankle and I missed three and a half games this year? No, I’m not happy about that,” Barkley said. “But, disappointing? No. I get to come in and play the sport that I love and play for an amazing organization, so I’m not disappointed at all. We’ve just got to find a way to get better, find a way to fight through it, and when we do flip the script, there’s definitely going to be great things ahead, I believe.”

Barkley said he feels like he has “just got to be better.”

He gets a chance to do that Sunday against the New York Jets. It’s a game that puts his fan father, a life-long Jets fan, in an awkward spot.

Barkley said his dad will wear a Joe Namath jersey that Saquon purchased for him.

“It’s kind of weird because he has a Jets tattoo, so even if he wears a Saquon Barkley jersey, he’s still repping the Jets. But, if you ever met my dad, you know my dad, he’s been a Jets fan his whole life, so is he going to root for the Jets? Yes, but he’s going to root for the Giants and his son at the same time,” Barkley said. “So, he gets the best of both worlds. Watch his team that he grew up rooting for and get to watch his son live his dream.”

In the Giants’ dreams they are hoping to see the pre-high ankle sprain Barkley. If that guy shows up it would go a long way toward helping them break their five-game losing streak.



from Big Blue View - All Posts https://ift.tt/36SQQNA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox