Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Phillip Lindsay embracing competition with Melvin Gordon: He’s ‘not my enemy’

Phillip Lindsay is looking forward to doing battle with the newcomer in town. In an interview Monday with Mike Kils of 9News in Denver, the Broncos running back said that he was embracing the competition for the starting position with the newly-signed Melvin Gordon. “Melvin’s not my enemy,” said Lindsay. “He’s my teammate. He needs to do his job but best believe I’m going to do my job.” “When camp comes around it’s going to be a battle,” Lindsay went on. “I’m not just going to sit there and give somebody the job. They can. But I’m going to go out there and I’m going to battle. I’ve heard this stuff my whole entire life. And it’s never ever panned out how everybody has wanted it to pan out. Until someone proves me wrong, I’m going to continue to do what I do.” The 25-year-old Lindsay, who has rushed for 1,000 yards in each of his first two NFL seasons, started all 16 games for the Broncos in 2019. He also added seven rushing touchdowns and 35 receptions for 196 yards. The two-time Pro Bowler Gordon, however,

from Yardbarker: NFL https://ift.tt/2UQ9Xm9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox