Before he inked a lucrative contract with the Ravens, Earl Thomas thought he was heading to Kansas City. The veteran safety told the team website that he was set to sign a one- or two-year deal with the Chiefs before Baltimore came calling, via Charean Williams of ProFootballTalk.com: “I thought I was going to go Kansas City on like a two-year deal, one-year deal, and I was just going to bet on myself and hit the market again [next year or in 2021], and then my agents called me. They said that Baltimore has made a deal for you. I said, ‘Hell, yeah. That’s where I’m going.’” Thomas ended up signing a four-year, $55M deal ($32M guaranteed) with Baltimore. The 29-year-old was hoping to become the highest-paid safety in the NFL, and he came relatively close to achieving that. While Thomas' $13.75M average annual value is higher than his $13M asking price, it still trails the new contracts signed by Landon Collins (Redskins) and Tyrann Mathieu (Chiefs). Speaking of Mathieu, it’s uncertain if the Chiefs were pursu
from Yardbarker: NFL https://ift.tt/2Wb8oOT
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Earl Thomas: I thought I was going to sign with the Chiefs
About Micheal Davis
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design. The main mission of templatesyard is to provide the best quality blogger templates.
Yardbarker: NFL
Labels:
NFL,
Yardbarker: NFL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment