Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Monday, August 19, 2019

Minnesota Vikings News and Links: August 19, 2019

NFL: Preseason-Seattle Seahawks at Minnesota Vikings Ben Ludeman-USA TODAY Sports

I wasn’t unimpressed

Merry Monday, everyone!

I thought the game last night went pretty well, FTMP. I’ll keep this brief and save most of my comments for.......the comments, but I have a few observations. Keep in mind, my expectations were tempered due to the fact that we were playing against a good defense.

I thought the first-string offense did a good job of moving the ball, but did not do well in getting the ball into the end zone. Cousins still hasn’t won me over. The defense looked good, as expected. Manion looked un-good, and I think his play should give Sloter a legit shot at the QB2 position. Boone and Mattison both looked good running the ball, especially Boone. The O-line did a decent job of opening running lanes. Holton Hill made some nice plays, then made a very dumb play with a late hit on Lynch in the 4th, not smart. Kaare Vedvick was in the game as punter. He was like “I don’t Kaare where I play. I’ll punt, kick, kickoff; I just don’t Kaare”. I like that kind of attitude in a player, he just don’t Kaare.

Around the DN since our last open thread:

Chris has your post-game wrap-up.

Wludford looks at the possibility of Treadwell being traded to the Giants.

Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:

ESPN has all your scores and highlights from preseason week 2.

Raiders GM Mike Mayock says Antonio Brown needs to be ‘all in or all out’, per The Sporting News.

We come to today’s media selection:

My favorite DN tradition, even if it is just a preseason win, it’s still a win. STRIKE UP THE BAND!

Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:

  • No discussion of politics or religion
  • No feeding of the trolls
  • Leave the gender hatred at the door
  • Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
  • Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags\
  • No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
  • If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
  • While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.

With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows, and keep an eye on the bartender so he doesn’t tip over.



from Daily Norseman - All Posts https://ift.tt/30h06Hw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox