Get the latest NFL news, scores, stats, standings, fantasy games, and more from NFL Slash! The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and much more...

Breaking

Friday, February 21, 2020

Free agent 'Snacks' Harrison still hungry for snaps

Damon Harrison got cut by the Lions, but he’s not quite ready to call it a career. ‘Snacks’, as he’s affectionately known, had publicly contemplated retirement back in December. He won’t be returning to Detroit but Harrison doesn’t want to hang up his cleats and wants to continue playing, a source told Tom Pelissero of NFL Network (Twitter link). Back in December Harrison revealed that injuries were taking their toll on him. “I got too much pride, man. I’ve been doing this too long. So if I can’t be the player that I’m used to being, I think my teammates deserve better, my family deserves better. … I never cheated the game a day of my life, man,” an emotional Harrison said as he reportedly fought back tears. “My mind’s still telling me I can do it,” he said, “but my body’s just not good.” Harrison is apparently feeling better now and is ready to test the open market. His play fell off last year as he dealt with health issues, but just a couple years ago the defensive tackle was one of the best run stuffers i

from Yardbarker: NFL https://ift.tt/2T3O1Dg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox